Saturday, April 23, 2005

Are Bloggers Lonely People?

Its hard to stop doing something that I am so passionate about. I love to write. Writing brings out the best and the worst in me. It is apart of me that I cannot let go. Whether I write about my personal and private thoughts or whether I criticise systems and everything elseunder the sun, I still like to write.

What is a blog? Maybe a psychologist needs to analyse us bloggers. Why do we want to blog? Is it because of my so-called reason...because I love to write? Or is it because we just want the attention that comes with the blogging package.

Why do we crack our heads for catchy titles? Why do we want to let the whole world know about our lives like an open book; an open book with limitless readers?

No, we are not psychos who need to be on psychiatric treatment in award where short-circuit people are placed.

I think what we need is just a space on the World Wide Web. I think we are lonely people. I think we are empty inside and badly want a voice in this big, bad and ugly world. Our voices are tiny. We want to be loud but we lack the guts to. We hide behind colourful web pages and creative pseudonyms, thinking that we can write whatever we want,whenever we feel like it.

But we seldom forget, there is a price to pay for everything we do.Words once let out cannot be recanted. Thoughts once spilt cannot be replaced in the jug.

We have to exercise some caution. We have to be discreet.

Most importantly, we have to know what exactly do we want from the blogging community and this nicely decorated space on the World Wide Web.

Just pause for a moment. Take a few minutes out of the tens of thousands of minutes you have left in this world.

Ponder. Think. Reflect. Contemplate

|