Thursday, May 19, 2005

"To Learn to Strive and Not To Yield"

There are times when I just feel like giving up.

And the time is now.

Yet, I cannot give up. I have to go on with my journey. It is ending in just under a week. I have to live up to the OBS motto - "To Learn to Strive and Not To Yield".

Yes, I must not yield. I must face the challenges ahead of me with stride and confidence.

The end is near. It is very near. Just a few more steps and I will have finished the race. Whether I come in first or last, it does not matter. What matter's most is I finished it with my blood and my sweat, with my sleepless nights and agonising mornings.

God, help me. Listen to Your child's plea. Take me into Your loving arms. Comfort me with Your love. Assure me that You will be with me every step of the way. Bestow upon me all the goodness I deserve. Give me the strength, the wisdom and the concentration. Guide me. In Jesus's name I pray. Amen

|