Thursday, May 26, 2005

When The Odds Are Against Me

I don't think I can make it. Sigh. But it's not the end of the world. I can still do the course but not Mangerial Economics.

I went to the Business Library in Jubilee Campus today. I looked high low for it and I finally found it. It is at the far end of Jubilee and it is not at the Djanogly Learning & Resource Centre I thought it was at. Oh well.

Sometimes you don't know what you are missing until you actually lose it. Hallward Library, the one that I've been frequenting for the past 3 years is undoubtedly the best library in the University. The Business Library is a far cry for Hallward. It is small. Very small. Compared to Hallward, the BL is just as big as HL's study area. Yup. That small. Tiny little place with probably 1/10th of the books in HL. The library is like a freaking sauna too. I had this strange feeling that they forgot to switch off the heating.

Anyway, I read up on Managerial Economics and was shocked beyond words. I didn't know that it'll involve calculus; something which I totally hate.

I had to re-programme my head from word based to alphabet based.

TC = (TFC+TVC)/Q

Sigh.

Not my kind of subject at all.

Then I read up on Business Ethics and Corporate Strategy. Phew. Thank God I could understand them. They weren't easy but they were word based. None of the pages had DD's or SS's or VC' or AC's or MC's or TC's.

So the verdict is...I can study the MA in CSR but I can't take the Managerial Economics module. This means I can't take Corporate Governance in the second semester. Any lost? No lost. I probably am able to comprehend Managerial Economics if I go for class and I devote all my time and energy into understanding what those alphabets and curves mean and signify. But, I am afterall doing a course in Corporate Social Responsibility and not Economics. I rather leave the Economics to the Economists and not dwell on something which I know I can't cope with.

Borrowed a few books to read on Business Ethics. They will be my companion throughout this whole month. People think I'm crazy. I just finished my final exams and now I'm studying again. But I beg to differ. I'm not crazy. I want to keep the studying momentum up. Don't want to slow down because once I do, I know I will take a million years to get back to my optimum pace.

Besides, I am so free. Other than baking and cooking, what else can I do?

Study lor.

|