Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Off to London...

I'll be off to London tomorrow morning for a week. I can't wait to see my parents whom I've not seen for nearly one year. I hope to be taking some nice photos of London's tourist sights and post them up here when I'm back from my short trip.

Soon, I will be leaving University Park and moving to Jubilee Campus for my Master's year. I will definitely miss the beautiful lakeside, the ducks, geese and swans that adorn the lovely lake. I won't have the luxury of waking up 15 minutes before class starts and still get to class on time. My new accomodation is about a 8 minute walk away to campus and another 5 minute walk to where I have my classes. I'll be sharing the flat with 3 other girls on the top floor. I haven't shared flats with anyone before and I trust this will be an eye opening experience. If I turn out not to like sharing with them, for some reason, I will still have to continue and swallow whatever that happends between us. Sharing is a good learning process. Afterall, no man is an island.

I can't wait for my new life to begin yet it feels so daunting to begin a course which is totally unfamiliar to me. To start all over again, to make new friends, to adjust to the work load and to get used to the way things work in the Business School will not be an easy task; it will not be something which I can get accustomed to overnight. But I will endevour to do my utmost best.

I watched the Last Emperor yesterday night. It is such a good movie. The acting was superb and it brought to life the words that I have read about the fall of the Qing Dynasty. If society does not have a say in the things that I do, I will definitely want to pursue a course in Chinese History. Unfortunately, society is the invisible hand in all that we do. Like it or not and no matter how you try to psycho yourself by saying nothing can stop you from doing the things that you enjoy, society is still there whispering softly into your ears and silently moving you away from your dreams.

Take care bloggers! Will be back in a week (hopefully)...

|