Thursday, October 13, 2005

"Mama...Pain pain!"

It's been nearly a month since I came back to the UK and I'm really missing my dear nephew. During my holidays at home, he brought sunshine to my gloomy days and brought laughter whenever everyone was having a bad day. His cute little antics managed to stiffle any sniffle and subdue any argues.

Just yesterday I called home and my mum, as usual, had lots to tell about Lucas. He had his booster 2 days ago but he did not cry. That's my boy! So brave! :) However, when he woke up from his afternoon nap, he refused to get out of bed. He kept pointing at his legs and said...

"Mama...Pain pain!"

So my sister had to carry him around to stop him from whining. The next day he was scheduled to go for his thrice weekly playschool. He refused to go again and kept pointing at his legs and said...

"Mama...No no! Pain pain!" - which meant no school and pain in the legs.

So again my sister had to carry him to school and while at the other kids were sliding down slides and driving cars with only 3 wheels, he was being carried like a little baby.

My parents have a habit of phoning him everyday and when my dad wanted to talk to his darling grandson, Lucas said...

"No no!!!"

The phone was then passed to my mum but she got the same...

"No no!!!"

And when my sister asked him who he wants to talk to, he said...

"Yi-yi!!!"

And so he did. He picked up the phone and dialed some ineligible numbers and started talking to "me". He kept pointing at his legs and kept saying "pain pain". When he was asked where is yi-yi, he said...

"Home!"

And he added sound effects to it as well...

"WooOOooOoooOOo!" - meaning the sound of the aeroplane. That is where yi-yi went. She went on an aeroplane far far away...

He knows that I'm in London. Can't tell him Nottingham cos its just way too many syllable for such a small boy. When asked who he wants to see in London, he'll say...

"Yi-yi!!"

And when my mum says...

"No lah. Go London to see the Queen."

Lucas will get so upset with her and say...

"No no!!! Yi yi!"

How can I not miss him? If you had a nephew like that, I'm sure you'll miss him too, won't you?

|