Thursday, December 01, 2005

I'm Coming Back to the Heart of Worship...

I am a bad bad bad child of God.

Since I came back to Nottingham in September, I can count the number of times I went for Solid Rock with just one hand. I attended one bible study and 2 worship sessions. I haven't been to church too. My excuse...too far to walk...too dark to walk back at night...too this...too that. What bad and horrible excuses. It is not an excuse for me to say that its too far to go to church! Its just a 20 minute walk. It is not an excuse for me to say that I don't want to walk back alone in the dark after SR. There are so many friends walking back to the Dunkirk area at 10pm on a Friday night. Sigh. What happend to me?

I suddenly had this wake up call from God this morning. I was sitting in front of my computer and staring at the screen blankly. Then I decided to check my email. There waiting for me was an email from SR asking help from people to bring food and be ushers for our annual Christmas event next week. Immediately, I felt that God was calling me to wake up and continue to be in His service. He told me to volunteer and be a part of this evangelistic event. He wants me to spread the Good News to my friends. I haven't been spreading any Good News this year at all. I have been really quiet about my faith. In fact, I have been so quiet that I hardly ever prayed to Him whether when I am down or when I am thankful. I have not given any thanks to Him. I have not sought for any forgiveness for the bad things I did and the bad thoughts that I had.

I have been a bad child of God. I have neglected Him.

Suddenly...I remembered one of the worship songs that we sang in church and SR...

I'm coming back to the heart of worship
And it's all about You,
It's all about You, Jesus
I'm sorry, Lord, for the thing I've made it
And it's all about You,
It's all about You, Jesus
(The Heart of Worship - Michael W Smith)

Yes, Lord. I'm coming back to the Heart of Worship. I'm sorry Lord for the things I have done. And now Lord...it is all about You now. It's all about You now. Amen.

|