Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Am I a Case of Sour Grapes?

I watched with interest the interview by The Star with our ex-queen Tuanku Siti Aishah. Throughout the interview, I must say that she gave quite intelligent and diplomatic answers. I always have admiration for people who are able to answer tough and emotionally linked questions on the spot like that. I wonder whether I will ever be as tactful as her and other personalities who have been "grilled" by journalists and interviewers alike.

I guess many people from the outside looking in would gauge her life as glamorous and more than anyone could ask for. Afterall, she has travelled the world and must have been to her favourite holiday destination a trillion times. She surely has a collection of LV's, Prada's, Gucci's and what have you in her large closet of clothes and accessories. But I really really wonder...is she...or was she truly happy throughout that 11 years being a royal consort to a man 46 years her senior?

Only she knows I guess...

Big house...Big car...Big everything...does it really entail happiness?

Sometimes when I question things like this...I find myself being a case of sour grapes. Is it because that I don't have so many Big's in my life that I question the happiness of people who have them?

What does it mean to be truly happy?

|