Sunday, January 01, 2006

The Begining...

It was nearing 9pm UK time last night but Vinz was still wide awake in Malaysia. We talked over the phone...telling each other how much we love and miss one another. We were counting the days till we meet again. It is 11 more days to be exact. We both agreed that the most important day in 2005 was the day we got together. My thoughts then drifted back to the first time I heard his name...

It was the 31st of December 2004. My laptop was acting up after nearly 3 years of continuous service. I had no one to call but MF who obliged to come over to help me fix it. He proposed a complete reformating of my laptop and I agreed. He brought with him a portable hard drive to back up all my documents, songs, videos and photos. It belonged to his housemate, Vincent. I stored it all, he reformated it and I attempted to put my stuff back into my newly reformated laptop again. Unfortunately, ALL my videos and songs were missing! At that point in time, I was literally fuming mad with that Vincent. What kind of hard drive eats people's stuff?

Then it was the 26th of January. MF got his much sought after job in HSBC London. He called me and Laura for dinner and mentioned that his housemate, Vincent will be joining us as well. I thought...good...I can see that idiot whose hard drive ate my cartoons, Cantonese serials and Chinese songs. MF came to Hugh Stu to pick me up and I saw Vincent sitting at the front seat. Funny though. When I saw him, I couldn't bring myself to scold him for all the pain he caused me...

Vincent and I exchanged pleasantaries and I found him to be a humurous fella. He kept using the word "dumb" which I found particularly funny. After dinner, MF sent me back and that was it. I never thought that I would see that housemate of his again. Afterall, he did not make a big impression on me anyway...

A few days later, I got invited to Laura's place for dinner. I made chocolate chip cookies and brought them over. That Vincent turned up again. I thought to myself...must be lazy to cook at home lah...that's why come to people's house for dinner. He took a bite of my cookie and said..."OK lah". I wasn't too pleased as my cookies are known to be nothing short of delicious. The usual SR crowd came for dinner and poor Vincent was left out of most of the conversations as he did not know any of them. So, I tried to make him feel comfortable and started to chat with him a little. After a few more conversation exchanges, I thought....Hey...this guy is interesting!

The next day, I got a Frienster request from him. I added him and told him to add me to his MSN. We chatted online and I gave him my phone number without even him needing to ask me. I don't know why I did that really...I just felt like it.

That night, he SMS'ed me at nearly 2 in the morning. I replied and told him that I was annoyed by being disturbed so late into the night. But deep inside...I was delighted!

We kept exchanging SMS'es and kept chatting online. We even had lunch at McD's in the city and watched a movie together. I then became a regular fixture in his house as MF went back to Malaysia for a holiday. He cooked and we watched movies on his laptop. Sparks began to fly but I suppressed those feelings just in case he didn't feel the same way.

I was sick once and he came all the way to Hugh Stu to bring me a pot of steaming chicken porridge to make me feel better. I was so so touched by that gesture...

I received a box of flowers from him, a tiny little teddy bear and a chocolate for Valentine's Day. 6 days later, I went over to his place again to watch The Grudge. It was really scary and there were certain parts where I clung to him like super glue. He took advantage of that and held me tightly and whispered in my ear...

"Don't worry...I'm here...Don't be frightened anymore...I'm here..."

And that was it. That was how we got together and like I said in my previous post, we have not looked back since. Vinz is gentle, kind and loving. He may snore every night and is too fat for his own good but I don't care...All I know is that he loves me with all his heart and I do too.

The feeling is different from all the other men I have been with.

I am confident to say that Vinz is the ONE. He is everything in a man that I can ask for. He never bothers whether I put on make up or not when I step out of the house. He eats all the food that I cook and all the goodies that I bake without a single complaint. He gets along with my parents. He thinks about our future and works hard to make our dreams come true. He lives up to his promises. He makes me feel like his princess. He lets me bite him whenever I'm stresed. He shares his anxieties, hopes and dreams with me and so do I.

And most of all...He LOVES ME for ME!

|