Monday, February 27, 2006

Morbid Monday - Are you afraid of death?

I was talking over the phone with a friend yesterday afternoon and the morbid topic of death came up. She asked me whether I'm afraid of death. Am I?

I'm not. I'm not afraid of death befalling me because my faith tells me that when I leave this world, I will be in Heaven with my Father forever and ever. There will be endless hapiness and endless peace in Heaven. No more troubles, no more wars and no more fighting.

But my friend said that she is afraid of death because she has so many things she has not done in this world yet; so many unfulfilled dreams, so many unseen places and untouched faces.

Tbere may be a million and one things left to do but after that million and one things are done, won't there be a million and one more to do? It will be a never ending cycle!

Last week I suggested to Vinz that we should look for an elixir of life, a pill that once taken will ensure that we live forever and ever. And he answered...

''Crazy ahh...live so long for what? Live long means must work and work and work non-stop you know. Don't you want a break?''

Then he added...

''Die already can be with God in Heaven mahh...''

And that was so comforting to hear. God is waiting for us in Heaven. He will welcome us with warm and loving arms. We will be reunited again with our Maker and it is so comforting to know that whatever happens, our Father will always be there for us.

So...I'm not afraid of death. Are you?

P.S. I'm very blessed to have a boyfriend who shares the same faith as me. At least I know we won't argue because of the difference in our faiths :)

|