Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Valentine's Day and Food Poisoning

Valentine's Day was spent romantically at home with the one I love. I bought some rose petal shaped confetti from London and a packet of heart shaped chocolates from Marks & Spencer. I laid the chocolates one by one from our front door leading to our bedroom and threw some confetti over our heart shaped duvet cover. When Vinz came home from work and saw the trail of hearts, he was so so surprised! He texted me and told me that it was such a pleasant and romantic surprise as I was still in class.

I came home at 6pm and he told me to follow the trail of hearts too. There sitting on our bed was a beautiful vase of pink roses and a Valentine's Day card..... :)

We had steak for dinner. We usually cook our own, with our special recipe for the sauce. It always turns out just nice, not too bloody but not too cooked either. We had some red wine which was rather pricey but well worth our money because it was really good. After that we retired for the night in our cosy bed...holding hands to sleep and whispering sweet nothings into each other's ear.....

The weekend following V day, Vinz was attacked with a bout of food poisoning. Poor him. The first night was hellish. He kept tossing and turning and kept saying that he is feeling very uncomfortable. I couldn't do anything to help ease his suffering. All I could say was go shit and puke it all out and you will feel better. But he didn't want to throw up although he felt like it the whole night. The next morning, he could control it no longer and threw up. He had dots of cold sweat on his forehead and collapsed on the bed right after that. I told him not to go to work but he insisted. He came home during lunch feeling worse as ever. I quickly ran to Boots to get some medication for him and went to the convenience store nearby to get some cream crackers and some tea. He felt better the next day but was still very weak and manja. So I obliged in manja'ing him, afterall he manja'ed me when I was sick the week before. He is much better now but still does the occasional...

''Babyyy...come here...sayang me...''

It is not easy looking after a sick man. Sick men are harder to care for than sick women. They crave attention, they blow up every little pain they feel and just want us women to stroke their forehead and tell them that everything is ok...

But...when Vinz was really feeling terrible and I couldn't do anything to ease his pain, I prayed to God. I prayed that Vinz's pain is transferred to me. I rather feel the pain and the suffering than see him suffer like that. It really hurt me so much to see him tossing and turning, throwing up and telling me that his tummy hurts. All I wanted to do was to take that pain from him and take it all for myself.

Thank God he is much better now. After a few days of porridge eating and tea drinking, he has got back some of his strength and appetite.

Yesterday was our one year anniversary but we couldn't celebrate much as he was still not in tip top condition. But we cooked the same food we had one year ago--Chicken rice. Heheh...It brought back so many fond memories. We exchanged promises before we went to bed and his was...

''I promise I will love you forever...and I promise there will be many many anniversaries to come..''

|